Kentuckian Leaves Hospital & Refused To Self-Quarantine After Testing Positive For COVID-19

Advertisement

WCPO 9 / YouTube

Advertisement
Advertisement

According to a report by The Kentucky Standard, a 53-year-old man from Nelson County tested positive for the deadly COVID-19 disease at the Louisville hospital on Friday (March 13th, 2020). After being diagnosed he then walked out of the hospital against the doctor’s orders and also refused to self-quarantine himself at home.

Advertisement

“We have had the first instance of a person who has refused to self-isolate, we have taken steps to force an isolation that will be in their home,” Andy Beshear, the governor of Kentucky said.

Here's the latest about the coronavirus in Kentucky>>https://bit.ly/3cKnbsI

Posted by WKYT on Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Beshear told The Kentucky Standard during a phone interview that he has instructed police officers to park outside the man’s home 24 hours a day for the next two weeks to make sure he complies with self-isolation. He went on to say that this is something he hoped he’d never have to do but he can’t allow one person who knows they have the virus to refuse to protect their neighbors.

The Kentucky Standard reached out to Nelson County Sheriff Ramon Pineiroa for more information but he would not give the man’s name or the location of his residency. However, he did say that since he got the order to put the man on a 24-hour watch the man is now cooperating.

Posted by Swimming SA on Sunday, March 15, 2020

Governor Beshear said the state will take whatever steps are necessary to make sure they keep the disease from spreading and if that means enforcing people who have COVID-19 to self-isolate, then that’s what they’ll do.

So far, the governor has urged the people of Kentucky to take serious precautions to prevent spreading the disease. He recommended that all public gatherings be canceled and people practice social distancing until officials can get control over this pandemic.

For those showing mild symptoms of the disease, which are coughing, fever, and shortness of breath, Beshear asks that you do not go to the hospital, but instead to call the state’s hotline number 1-800-722-5725. He says he doesn’t want people to panic and overwhelm the hospitals and health care facilities.

Looking for information about coronavirus (COVID-19)? Find answers on our coronavirus resource page: http://ow.ly/kWdC50yK7wx

Posted by Twin Lakes Surgical Associates on Thursday, March 12, 2020

The 53-year-old man is one of the first 20 people that have tested positive for COVID-19 in the state of Kentucky. The state expects to see more confirmed cases of people having the disease over the next few weeks and will most likely see its first death soon.

Beshear says the only way to limit the diseases’ ability to spread is for people to start working together. The disease affects older people more than younger so they recommend that elders stay self-isolated as much as possible. Young people need to do their part too and not go to bars and social gatherings to prevent bringing home the disease to their family. If everyone stays home as much as possible and thoroughly cleans/disinfects their living space then over the next few weeks we can prevent fewer people from dying.

×

Like Us on Facebook!