For some reason this year’s strawberries seem to be better than ever. The ruby berries seem bigger and brighter and sweeter and we can’t get enough of them!
With an abundance of recipe ideas online for ways to use fresh strawberries, we’ve been having a heck of a time baking up some of our favorites. From Strawberry Cobbler and Strawberry Brown Sugar Upside-Down Cake to Strawberry Cake In A Jar, our list of “make again” recipes keeps getting longer!
One recipes that is a definite crowd pleaser is Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle from That Skinny Chick Can Bake. Layers of fresh strawberries, cheesecake filling lightened with whipping cream, and angel food cake make this dessert simply irresistible. It also makes for a great summertime treat since it is no-bake and you don’t have to worry about heating up your kitchen with the oven. It’s even a great addition to your holiday dinner table as it serves for a stunning, edible centerpiece.
If you’re looking for a fresh, light summery dessert option, this is a must-try!
STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE TRIFLE
- 16 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (to add to cream)
- 1 tablespoon sugar (to add to cream)
- 1 angel food cake, cut into cubes (I only used half a large bakery angel food cake)
- 2 pounds of fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons Amaretto, optional
Get full instructions by clicking here. And watch how it’s made in the video below.